As one of the Aviation Industry’s Leading Specialist Refuelling System Companies, Swire Energy Services is perfectly placed to ensure your Helideck Friction Tests are conducted to satisfy the latest CAP437 Regulations.
We carry out testing on behalf of customers in the oil & gas and offshore windfarm sectors, as well as on FPSO vessels, military assets and commercial yachts.
As the surface friction testing of helidecks has become mandatory under CAP 437, it is vital that all helideck operators carry out inspections of the entire helideck/landing area.
Our offshore engineers are fully trained and certified in the use of the UKCAA’s preferred ‘Braked Wheel’ (Findlay Irvine - Micro GT) Continuous Friction Measuring Device (CFMD), which controls wetness of the deck during testing. It includes electronic data collection, storage and processing and allows the entire deck surface to be covered to a resolution of not less than 1m².
A full analysation of the helideck is available on completion of your test and you will be awarded a certificate. You will also be notified of the next test date required, determined by the results of the test.
We have several machines in stock, enabling Swire Energy Services to be readily available at short notice to test on your behalf.
Discover more here about the Findlay Irvine - Micro GT.
Why choose us for friction testing?
- Services that comply with latest CAP 437 regulations
- Experienced team recognised by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) and MCA (Maritime Coastguard Agency)
- Fully qualified and experienced engineers
- Certified to work offshore
- Detailed friction contour maps provided of the helideck surface, easily highlighting areas of interest
- Specialist engineers capable of performing a range of helideck and Helifuel system services –helping you save the cost of multiple trips.
Find out more: call our Aviation team on +44 (0)1224 872707 or email Aviation.email@example.com