A Major Oil & Gas Service company enquired with Swire Energy Services (SES) UK for the rental of a 70ft cargo basket with a cargo tarpaulin to be delivered to Ivory Coast.
SES stood out as a provider who could deliver a complete global logistics solution: supplying the basket from SES USA’s inventory; building the specialist cargo tarpaulin at our Houma, USA facility and ensuring the cargo package was suitable to ship a crucial downhole tool to Ivory Coast and back in accordance with the customer-specified timeline. SES’s global network of facilities meant the work scope could be fulfilled through the collaboration of regional SES teams.
- Client required the basket to meet DNV 2.7-1 specification with 6-month certification.
- The client also requested a 70ft custom cargo tarpaulin, fitted to the basket by the SES USA operations team.
- Client required the complete package: certified basket and cargo tarpaulin to be successfully prepared to ship crucial downhole tool in a two-month timeframe.
The SES Service
- Provided 70ft DNV 2.7-1 offshore cargo basket with all necessary certification specified by the customer.
- Global footprint and regional commercial and operational collaboration to ensure the customers’ complete service requirements were fulfilled.
- Specialist technical expertise ensured SES had the operational capability to fulfil the complete work scope including custom built cargo tarpaulin.
- Offshore basket rental
- Fabrication – Custom built 70ft cargo tarpaulin
- Project management
The project is a demonstration of the expertise of the SES USA team as well as SES’ global commitment to ensuring our customers receive the products and services they need to support their operations. The project was managed by the international team of Robyn Duncan, Commercial co-ordinator – UK and Lucas Curole, Senior Sales Representative USA supported by Tre Aucoin, Customer Service & logistics Supervisor USA who led the cargo tarpaulin fabrication process in addition to ensuring the basket complied with the technical brief.
The project was a demonstration of SES’ unwavering commitment to be the easiest company to work with, providing complete solutions to customers regardless of the challenges presented.