A major oil and gas service company required a full refurbishment of a reeler frame for a unit to be shipped internationally within a 6-week timeframe. The client faced being unable to fulfil their clients’ work scope and having to scrap the unit if the refurbishment was not completed to a high standard and on time. Swire Energy Services’ purpose-built maintenance and refurbishment facility, as well as the project management skills and technical experience of the team, ensured SES were qualified to support the full scope of the client’s requirement as the sole vendor.
- The broad work scope would usually require multiple vendors
- Delays caused by poor project management would lead to specialist equipment not arriving in time for the specialised well workover. The company would be unable to fulfil their commitments to their customer.
- Unit faced scrap, at significant replacement cost to our customer.
The SES Service
- SES completed an SA2.5 abrasive grit blast, thorough examination, welding & fabrication, non-destructive testing, blasting and painting of the unit
- SES Aberdeen’s expert team qualified in accordance with BE EN ISO 15614-1 (2012), PCN Level 2 and their capability to complete all disciplines to DNV 2.7-1 standard, ensured the customer could depend on SES to deliver the full scope of work
- Our Aberdeen purpose-built facility ensured the project could be completed at one location, cutting out supply chain transportation delays
- Full certification was provided including COC, NDT report, blast and paint report & material certification for steel
- Maintenance & Refurbishment
- Blasting & Painting
The project demonstrates the expertise and service of the Aberdeen team. Wayne Charles, Services Manager, led the team of Tomasz Mietelski, Rafal Bromm, Michael Pire, Alex Allan and Kevin Yule. Qualified to in accordance with BE EN ISO 15614-1 (2012), PCN Level 2 and completing all work to DNV 2.7-1 standard, the team are fit to complete broad-scoped projects like this without the need for additional vendors and transportation. Supported by Nathan Munro, Business Development Manager, the Aberdeen team complete our full range of services from our facility at Altens East.
Wayne CharlesService Manager View my Linkedin
Interested in these services?
Get in touch to find out how we can support youClick here to contact us