Swire Energy Services US Team and In-house Engineers designed and develop a bespoke offshore DNV certified container intended for well control equipment for a major global drilling service company in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Engineering and Modification Services.
- Fabrication Services.
- DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers.
- The client wanted to push an initiative to focus on changing the way inspection, repair and exchange of deepwater equipment was spread.
- Therefore required the ability to ship more equipment back and forth between offshore locations, while minimising double handling and transport related damages.
- This initiative was seen to be possible with dedicated transport/lifting frames for each of the major pieces of capital equipment.
Scope of Work
- Provision of bespoke DNV 2.7-1 certified offshore containers and lifting frames.
- Engineered and modified to support safe and effect transportation of well head tools
- Developed to ensure each container could accommodate a range of different tools to maximise each container type utilisation
Swire Energy Services supplied 26 DNV 2.7-1 offshore containers and lifting frames, along with bespoke supports designed for various tool types assigned to each unit. The supports were designed to be removable so that the unit would not be restricted to specific operations.
The offshore containers and supports were manufactured in the US & China. Swire Energy Service Project Managed the manufacturing at both sites to ensure the project remained on schedule and met our quality control standards. All 26 containers and bespoke elements were designed and then certified, with supporting documentation, to DNV 2.7-1 standard.
• Improved health & safety for personnel
• Reduced downtime
• Cost saving as complete solution was provided by Swire Energy Services