The UK team was approached by an oil and gas supermajor looking for assistance with the installation and maintenance of a large gas turbine on the Douglas Platform. Swire Energy Services provided a full turnkey solution including all required offshore containers, lifting equipment and onshore/offshore inspection and load testing services.
Morecambe Bay, England
- Supply of all required Offshore Containers
- Test & Inspection Services
- LFA Lifting Frame
- Lifting Installation Services
- Sling Supply
- Removal and re-installation of a large gas turbine on a offshore platform.
- Widescale maintenance programme that required a large range of parts and equipment
- Transportation of a large turbine pod that could not be lifted in a standard offshore container.
- Offshore lifting support for the gas turbine installation
Scope of Work
- Wide range of Testing and Inspection services for a variety of required equipment
- Equipment Certification
- Supply of sling sets for full installation program requirements
- Transportation and supply of LFA lifting frame and full range of offshore containers
- Offshore lifting support to install the gas turbine, including inspection pre and post lift
- 24/7 On-call support
Swire Energy Services delivered a full product and service package for the gas turbine installation, including ;
- Function testing and visual inspection of crucifix
- Visual inspection and offshore load tests for A frame and runway beam
- Crate hinge repairs
- Supply of wire rope slings and bulldog grips for A frame
- Sling and shackle supply
- MPI Inspection
- Provision and transportation of LFA lifting frame
- Inspection and certification of Grillage frame and Yorahama fenders
- Fitting of 4 leg sling and shackles to transportation pod
- Inspection of transportation pod, top lugs and Bottom Lugs
- Swire Energy Services was able to provide the entire scope of work , reducing the need for multiple suppliers and adding cost savings to the project.
- 24/7 support service ensured when additional challenges arose, equipment and services were delivered as quickly and cost effectively as possible to ensure the absolute minimum downtime.