The UK team was approached by an oil and gas supermajor looking for assistance with the installation and maintenance of a large gas turbine on the Douglas Platform. Swire Energy Services provided a full turnkey solution including all required offshore containers, lifting equipment and onshore/offshore inspection and load testing services.
Morecambe Bay, England
- Supply of all required Offshore Containers
- Test & Inspection Services
- LFA Lifting Frame
- Lifting Installation Services
- Sling Supply
- Removal and re-installation of a large gas turbine on a offshore platform.
- Widescale maintenance programme that required a large range of parts and equipment
- Transportation of a large turbine pod that could not be lifted in a standard offshore container.
- Offshore lifting support for the gas turbine installation
Scope of Work
- Wide range of Testing and Inspection services for a variety of required equipment
- Equipment Certification
- Supply of sling sets for full installation program requirements
- Transportation and supply of LFA lifting frame and full range of offshore containers
- Offshore lifting support to install the gas turbine, including inspection pre and post lift
- 24/7 On-call support
Swire Energy Services delivered a full product and service package for the gas turbine installation, including ;
- Function testing and visual inspection of crucifix
- Visual inspection and offshore load tests for A frame and runway beam
- Crate hinge repairs
- Supply of wire rope slings and bulldog grips for A frame
- Sling and shackle supply
- MPI Inspection
- Provision and transportation of LFA lifting frame
- Inspection and certification of Grillage frame and Yorahama fenders
- Fitting of 4 leg sling and shackles to transportation pod
- Inspection of transportation pod, top lugs and Bottom Lugs
- Swire Energy Services was able to provide the entire scope of work , reducing the need for multiple suppliers and adding cost savings to the project.
- 24/7 support service ensured when additional challenges arose, equipment and services were delivered as quickly and cost effectively as possible to ensure the absolute minimum downtime.
Nick CoatonGeneral Manager MENA UAE@swirees.com +44 1224 872707 View my Linkedin
Nick joined Swire Energy Services in 2005 as Project and Facilities Supervisor and has held various roles across the business before stepping into his current role as General Manager, Middle East and North Africa. In this position, Nick holds overall responsibility for P&L as well investment and growth across the region, including offshore containers and aviation. Nick has a master’s degree from the University of Aberdeen and has also participated in a number of specialist Management and Finance Programmes at INSEAD Business School, including the Swire Advanced Management Program. In his spare time, Nick enjoys competitive running and fitness as well as supporting his children’s’ rugby club.