The Swire Energy Services (SES) engineering team completed a significant engineering and refurbishment subsea basket project for a major oil & gas service company.
Our client required a wide range of services including General Arrangement drawings and recertification of units as large as 60ft to DNV 2.7-3 standard. As such they required a vendor with an expertise in DNV standards, as well as a capability to provide a complete scope of services. SES work alongside DNV to develop the best standards for use of offshore equipment, furthermore our in-house team of engineers and technicians can provide broad scopes of services for offshore equipment. As such SES were perfectly positioned to complete this project for our valued client, equipping their units to carry their new specialised tool offshore.
- Client required bespoke engineering documentation package, complete to technical standards.
- 60 ft offshore subsea basket needed an MGW escalation from 42500kgs to 44000kgs.
- Vast unit size meant specialist transportation arrangements were necessary, including a crane.
The SES Service
- SES in-house team of engineers and technicians provided detailed inspection of the unit to inform General Arrangement drawings, also supplied by SES.
- In liaison with DNV, our expert projects team delivered units to DNV 2.7-3 requirements.
- Units were tested across a range of methods including Load test and Non-destructive testing to ensure unit fulfilled specification requirements, all observed and approved by DNV.
- Unit finish was also provided, full blasting and painting, in accordance with NORSOK M-501, as well as manufacture and fit of wire rope slings.
- Full certification documentation package was provided.
With regular visits to the client’s site, SES provided services including:
- Design & Engineering
- Blasting & Painting
- Sling Manufacturing
- Testing & Inspection
With regular team visits to the client’s site Wayne Charles, Services manager, led the team of engineers and technicians including Kevin Palla, Projects Supervisor and Luca Contessi, Lead Design Engineer, supported by Nathan Munro, Business Development Manager. The team, along with the rest of SES UK complete our full range of services with bases in Aberdeen, Peterhead, Heysham and Great Yarmouth.
Wayne CharlesService Manager View my Linkedin
Speak to our team
Want to find out more about our engineering capabilities?Click here and contact one of our experts